Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

I have realized lately that I am not very much of a computer geek....I always knew it but now I know it (again).

Anyway - in my family, Good Friday is a time for fasting...which means no meat, light meals, only 3 meals that day, and of course no snacks. When we were younger, my cousins and I made the mistake of eating a cookie on Good Friday. As a result, we had to do 1 decade of the rosary on each stair at my grandparents farm (on our knees). I think it was supposed to be punishment but it was actually a lot of fun and I think our parents ruined it by watching us and laughing. They gave me the impression we could leave it at any time and they would be fine with it.

I guess though that a lot can be said about the memories from your childhood and maybe as a result that is why I think twice before I do something.

Anyway, today we spent the day doing another family tradition - painting eggs and making videos.

Oh...what fun!!!

No comments: