Tuesday, June 9, 2009

seeing the pyramids

I cannot believe I am in Egypt!! I never thought I would have the opportunity to see the pyramids - I never thought I would travel to Egypt. But I did! Here I am.

I am here. In a third world country...seeing things I never thought I would ever see. Kids begging you to take their picture so that they can get a few dollars. Driving past makeshift 'houses' on the side of the road. Watching fisherman fish in a river full of garbage and other waste. Will they catch a fish?

It is so interesting! I always knew I was privileged...but being in Egypt has helped me appreciate my life that much more.

Will I go back to Egypt? I do not know but I am not against the idea. My advice is to go with an organized tour though. They give you some valuable information!

Today I went inside a tomb from 2500 B.C. This tomb is over 4000 years old!! That is absolutely astounding!!!

WOW!!!!

No comments: