Saturday, September 27, 2008

Camping in the fall

This weekend I went camping. We slept in tents and spent the majority of the weekend outside.

This summer has been cold. This fall has been cold as well but we occasionally get the odd warm day. This weekend was warm. I think I may have gotten a sunburn (oops----always apply sunscreen). It was one of those days that start out cold and you do not even realize it is hot out until you get a sunburn.

I was mostly concerned about sleeping in tents. (I just did not want to be too cold.) I was not cold at all!!! It was awesome!!! First of all I had the appropriate sleeping bag (that goes down to freezing...aka 0 degrees Celcius or 32 Fahrenheit), as well I had a couple of extra blankets AND I slept with a sweater on and socks and a toque. It was definitely worth the camping experience!!

I am so ready to go camping again next year!!

No comments: