Tuesday, September 2, 2008

homemade dill pickles

When I was younger my mom as well as my grandma used to make dill pickles every year (unless they did not have a good cucumber crop). But ever since my grandpa died 11 years ago, my mom has not had the opportunity to ensure we have dill pickles every year. Today I had the opportunity to eat dill pickles that my mom made a week ago. They were not has dilled as they normally are but they were still really good. She only made 1 jar and it is gone now....

It was a sad day for me...(lol)

As I sat there eating the pickles it occurred to me that I may not have this opportunity much longer...who knows what the future brings but maybe my mom will decide that it is too much effort (and since that would require me learning how to dill pickles....I may not get them as often). Actually I do have family members who also dill pickles but it is just not the same...

(Okay, I admit...all homemade pickles are good (at least the ones made in my family anyway).)

1 comment:

Colette said...

Wow! I didn't know mom doesn't make dill pickles anymore.