Friday, November 21, 2008

Education

Today I looked at a picture of me and my grandparents at my high school graduation. I think that in the picture they both look very proud of me.

Then I realized....

Neither of them graduated from high school. I believe they were both very smart (they survived the 30s) but their family could not afford sending them to high school. For that generation, high school was a privilege.

What I find very interesting is that although they did not complete their education, they were (in my opinion) very good at handling money. Yet, some people are more educated then they were and yet they struggle with money. Do you not find that interesting?

I firmly believe that just because you are not educated does not mean you are not smart.

(And I also realize how privileged I am to have completed not only high school but also University as well.)

No comments: