Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shovelling snow?

There was another storm last night. We got lots of snow!! (I think there was between 20-30 cms expected but I am not sure how much we actually got.) The winds created HUGE snow banks...I guess I can't complain too much as my car was not actually buried! I had to walk/wade through snow up to my waist to get to my car this morning (and I had to do the same thing tonight when I got home). The drive to work this morning was slow.....really slow. I kept wondering why we were all crawling and then I would see someone go in the ditch. There is no such thing as a snow day where I am from. (We are tough!!! lol) The beauty of winter.....(and if you stop to appreciate it, it really is beautiful!)

Tonight when I got home, I shovelled for quite a while trying to get rid of the snow drifts. And you know....it is kinda fun.... I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I would look back on what I had just shovelled and see pavement! (It was really cool!....You gotta love that!)

Tonight it is supposed to go back down to -34 (it was only -18 today!).

No comments: