Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Having a place to stay!

Today there was a snow storm (aka blizzard). It made for some interesting driving! Fortunately right after work today, I just had to drive to my parents house to ring in the new year.

At about 9:00pm the snow had stopped and so I helped my sister and my cousins shovel off my parents driveway. My parents have the longest driveway EVER!!! (And I am not exaggerating.) But we finished and went back inside.

I have had a cold the last few days and did not want to lose too much sleep so I left my parents at about 12:15. When I got home, I could not get into my parking stall. The storm had blown snow into my parking stall and prevented me from parking. I could have spent an hour or so shovelling snow so that I could park in my parking stall but I decided against that option. Instead I thought....I could go back to my parents house and sleep there, but there are no free beds so that would require blowing up an air mattress, etc, etc, etc. OR I could go to my sisters house and sleep over there. I chose option B.

It is definitely nice to be able to count on family when you need a place to stay!!

(I will get to shovelling the driveway tomorrow afternoon)

No comments: