Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time after time

You know how you know something but you don't really 'know' it until all of a sudden it hits you? Well, maybe you have no idea what I am talking about...

It occurred to me today that we are going to meet so many people in our lives and although I could not say I have learned something from every person who has crossed my path, I can say I have learned something from all of the significant people who have crossed my path. All of the people in my life whom I have formed a relationship with.

I grew up really close to my grandparents for instance. They were born in 1917 and 1919. By the time I die, I will have met people who were born in 2017 and 2019 (hopefuly). I have learned many things from my grandparents and I am sure I will learn many things from those people born in 2017 and 2019 that I have not met yet. Isn't that amazing? I just find that so fascinating. That we will meet such a wide variety of people in our lifetime. We were young once and knew older people. One day we will be old and know younger people. I just find that so fascinating.

But maybe I am just weird...

No comments: